The third annual Prime Cuts roster is set to be unveiled starting Friday, April 9th. Check out the Prime Cuts rosters from 2007-08 and 2008-09. The thinking process that goes in to selecting the team is similar to Pierre McGuire’s “Monsters” for TSN (I promise that is the first and only time I will compare my thinking process to Pierre’s). Since this is a fantasy hockey site, the selection process favours players that have had strong seasons on the score sheet, obviously. However, not just goals and assists are weighted – perhaps a player has started to shoot the puck more, or play better defensively. Intangibles like heart, grit, and determination factor in to the selection process as well. It is far and away my favourite article to write each year, and I hope you will all enjoy reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it!
Part 1 of 5 will be released Friday, April 9th.
- Ramblings - Laine, Shipachyov, Kucherov and more (May 23)
- Ramblings - The Sharks are due, Zach Werenski, Nick Bonino, Michal Kempny, Isle's prospects and more (May 24)
- Ramblings: On Elliott, Kempny, Korpisalo, Griffith and Koekkoek (May 25)
- Ramblings: Sharks in Cup Final, Krug, Miller, Florida and Vancouver Trade (May 26)
- Top 10 PIM players (2016)
- West: 2016 Offseason Outlook – Minnesota and Los Angeles
- Eastern Edge: Offseason Outlook for the Hurricanes and Bruins
- Cage Match: Band-Aid Boys - Embrace or Avoid?