The third annual Prime Cuts roster is set to be unveiled starting Friday, April 9th. Check out the Prime Cuts rosters from 2007-08 and 2008-09. The thinking process that goes in to selecting the team is similar to Pierre McGuire’s “Monsters” for TSN (I promise that is the first and only time I will compare my thinking process to Pierre’s). Since this is a fantasy hockey site, the selection process favours players that have had strong seasons on the score sheet, obviously. However, not just goals and assists are weighted – perhaps a player has started to shoot the puck more, or play better defensively. Intangibles like heart, grit, and determination factor in to the selection process as well. It is far and away my favourite article to write each year, and I hope you will all enjoy reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it!
Part 1 of 5 will be released Friday, April 9th.
- Ramblings: My other draft; Gab's injury; Shaw's suspension? (Sept 28)
- Top 10 Player Values Impacted by the World Cup of Hockey
- Ramblings: Training Camps, Exhibition Lines, Sobotka, Trouba (September 29)
- Injury Ward - Preseason 2016 Edition
- Deep Dive - Shot Percentage 2016
- Alexander Wennberg vs. Sam Bennett
- Capped: Unheralded Signings from the Summer
- Keeping Karlsson: Fancy Fantasy 2016: Which Advanced Stats Can Help Me Win My Hockey Pool?