The 2011 Fantasy Prospects Report has been officially released. Pick a copy up today!
What the Report contains:
- Prospect profiles for hundreds of hopeful NHL star forwards, goaltenders, and defensemen
- Comprehensive analysis on the 2011 draft crop, including a mock draft put together by Matt Bugg, our resident prospect guru, as well as over 100 '11 draftee profiles and upsides
- Since this is the fantasy site, projections galore! In addition to projecting an upside and likelihood of hitting that upside for each player, we have added a new feature called the 3YP.
- What the 3YP does is average the best three seasons we feel a player will have at the NHL level – creating a more balanced/realistic overall projection.
Here is an example profile from 2011, featuring Detroit's top prospect.
Brendan Smith, D (TY 3D)
(LY - 14D)
Smith’s rookie professional season was a successful one. He finished the year with 12 goals, 32 points, and 124 PIM. Even after a dominant four year career at Wisconsin, Smith still flew under the radar of many poolies. He’s still a year away from full-time duty with the Wings (his timeline may he shorter if he were a part of another NHL organization), but don’t sleep on Smith. He has immense offensive upside and his fantasy value will increase in leagues that count PIM. He plays the game with a physicality and nasty edge that have garnered comparisons to former Red Wing Chris Chelios. Smith is big, fast, mobile, skilled, and smart – the total package.
Upside: Star defenseman (15-50-65, 150 PIM)
Certainty (NHLer; Upside): 99%, 45%
3YP: (10-32-42, 110 PIM) - NEW, added this year!
- Ramblings: Canada/Russia, Fleury, Stone (Sept 25)
- Ramblings: Ottawa's tough luck; about my draft; and more (Sept 26)
- The Journey - Fastest Rising Prospects (September 2016)
- Top 10 Player Values Impacted by the World Cup of Hockey
- The Contrarian: In the Land of Care-a-Lot
- Geek of the Week: Jonathan Toews
- Deep Dive - Shot Percentage 2016
- Keeping Karlsson: Fancy Fantasy 2016: Which Advanced Stats Can Help Me Win My Hockey Pool?