Audits will be coming in rapid succession over the next few weeks, so keep checking the site to see if your team gets covered! I am not accepting any more submissions at the moment, but check back as October approaches, I have a few ideas with regards to the audits that I will be sharing at that time.
Today I’ll take a look at the extremely talented young roster sent to me by DobberHockey reader Adam M.
CBJ Dynasty League
Skaters - Goals, Assists, PPP, SOG, Plus/Minus, PIM, Hits
Goalies - Wins, GAA, Save Percentage, SO
40 player rosters, keep 35
Each year drop five and redraft five
The draft is the current year’s draft class plus any free agents
Start 3 Center, 3 Left Wingers, 3 Right Wingers, 5 Defenseman, 2 Utility, 2 Goaltenders
Bench 17 Players + 5 Draftees
No separation between prospects and roster players (no farm team)
|1 Anze Kopitar, LAK|
|2 Ryan Getzlaf, ANA|
|3 Marc Savard, BOS|
|4 Zach Parise, NJD|
|5 Ilya Kovalchuck, NJD|
|6 Rich Nash, CBJ|
|7 Corey Perry, ANA|
|8 Bobby Ryan, ANA|
|9 Jakub Voracek, CBJ|
|10 Mike Green, Was|
|11 Drew Doughty, LAK|
|12 Dion Phaneuf, TOR|
|13 Tobias Enstrom, ATL|
|14 Jack Johnson, LAK|
|15 Steve Mason, CBJ|
|16 Seymon Varlamov, WAS|
|17 Brandon Dubinsky, C, NYR|
|18 Michael Frolik, C/RW, FLA|
|19 Mathew Lombardi, C, PHX|
|20 Derrick Brassard, C, CBJ|
|21 Gustav Nyquist, C, DET|
|22 Nikita Filatov, LW, CBJ|
|23 Milan Lucic, LW, BOS|
|24 Claude Giroux, RW, PHI|
|25 Evander Kane, RW, ATL|
|26 Eric Fehr, RW, WAS|
|27 Tom Gilbert, D, EDM|
|28 Brett Burns, D, MIN|
|29 James Wiesnewski, D, ANA|
|30 Kris Russell, D, CBJ|
|31 John Carlson, D, WAS|
|32 John Moore, D, CBJ|
|33 Michael Leighton, G, PHI|
|34 Kari Lehtonen, G, DAL|
|35 Michael Nuervith, G, WAS|
Incoming: Kari Lehtonen
Outgoing: Nikolai Kulemin and a draft pick
I like this trade. Kulemin is a solid young winger, but he isn’t anything special. Lehtonen is a risk because of his injury history, but he is in a situation where he is expected to start 55-60 games. He is an extremely talented goaltender and a change of scenery in Dallas could be the catalyst for a breakout.
Incoming: Zach Parise and a draft pick
Outgoing: Jordan Eberle, Peter Mueller, and 2011 first round draft pick
If all of the stars align for Eberle, he will develop into what Parise is now. Mueller’s concussion issues scare me a bit. Great trade for you, Parise is one of the most consistent fantasy stars you can own.
Incoming: Corey Perry
Outgoing: Paul Stastny
How’d you manage to convince your trading partner to make this deal? Perry is a fantasy hockey monster in leagues that count PIM. Stastny will be a steady 75-85 point center, but he doesn’t have Perry’s upside or ability to fill up multiple stat categories.
Incoming: Evander Kane, Matthew Lombardi, draft pick
Outgoing: Tomas Kaberle, Jiri Hudler
Not a fan of this trade. Hudler has 70 point upside, and Kaberle is a proven NHL star. Kane has upside but Lombardi is a dime-a-dozen second line center.
Incoming: Jack Johnson
Outgoing: Nazem Kadri
Great trade! I am currently working on a piece for the 2010-11 DobberHockey Fantasy Guide about Johnson, and why I think he has a huge season in 2010-11. Kadri is a terrific prospect, but as I have said many times, proven almost always trumps unproven.
Adam would like to add some stability in goal. With Mason, Varlamov, Neuvirth, Lehtonen, and Leighton, I don’t blame him. Goalies are gold in every league – overpaying is the nature of the beast when it comes to trading for star goalies. Thankfully he has enough talent at all player positions that an overpayment won’t hurt his team.
1) Go big or go home! This team is on the CUSP of being amazing. I’d ditch some of the young prospects and go for the title this season! Filatov, one of the Washington goalies, Brassard, Moore, Voracek, you name it. Time to add some veteran talent! The stars on this team are still young, so the window to win won’t close after this season. However, when this much young talent is on one roster, it’s time to change the status quo and accelerate the program.
2) Get at least one more goalie. Relying on three young goalies and a guy who has an injury history that would impress Super Dave Osborne is never the answer.
- Ramblings: Craig Anderson, Nathan MacKinnon, Tyson Barrie - May 25
- Ramblings: Give Karlsson the Hart, but is he the No. 1 fantasy pick? (May 26)
- Top 100 Keeper League Goalies - May 2017
- Looking Back on 2016 Fearless Forecasts
- Ramblings: Scoring Trends; Power Plays; Joe Thornton; Claude Giroux - May 27
- Capped: Examining the Dallas Goaltending Situation
- The Journey: Fastest-Rising Prospect Forwards (May)
- Ramblings: Playoff Underperformers and What It Means for Next Season (May 28)