Phoenix has traded defenseman Derek Morris to the Rangers for defenseman Dimitri Kalinin and forwards Petr Prucha and Nigel Dawes.
The Rangers get: an upgrade on defense and it cost them the depth that they had too much of. Dawes and Prucha had been frequent healthy scratches.
The Coyotes get: more dark horse depth up front. Bringing in talent like Dawes and Prucha is like bringing in Joel Lundqvist. Boom or bust. Dawes is a hustler who will be successful - can you imagine him joining Lisin and Lombardi on the fastest third line in the NHL?
Fantasy Players Impacted: Both Prucha and Dawes are worth flyers. Clearly, the 'Yotes are going with speed. Whether these two succeed or not is in question, but I would put my money on Dawes reaching his 65-point potential over Prucha ever reaching his 70-point potential.
These moves could hurt Joakim Lindstrom, who had been producing very well as a dark horse in a lot of pools.
- Ramblings: Sharks in Cup Final, Krug, Miller, Florida and Vancouver Trade (May 26)
- Ramblings: Pens/Bolts, Bernier and Mason, Klingberg, Eichel (May 27)
- Ramblings: On Elliott, Kempny, Korpisalo, Griffith and Koekkoek (May 25)
- Top 100 Keeper League Goalies - May
- Ramblings - World Cup rosters announced and a quick-hit tour through the news (May 28)
- Eastern Edge: Offseason Outlook for the Hurricanes and Bruins
- Cage Match: Band-Aid Boys - Embrace or Avoid?
- The Journey - A closer look at Mitch Marner