Phoenix has traded defenseman Derek Morris to the Rangers for defenseman Dimitri Kalinin and forwards Petr Prucha and Nigel Dawes.
The Rangers get: an upgrade on defense and it cost them the depth that they had too much of. Dawes and Prucha had been frequent healthy scratches.
The Coyotes get: more dark horse depth up front. Bringing in talent like Dawes and Prucha is like bringing in Joel Lundqvist. Boom or bust. Dawes is a hustler who will be successful - can you imagine him joining Lisin and Lombardi on the fastest third line in the NHL?
Fantasy Players Impacted: Both Prucha and Dawes are worth flyers. Clearly, the 'Yotes are going with speed. Whether these two succeed or not is in question, but I would put my money on Dawes reaching his 65-point potential over Prucha ever reaching his 70-point potential.
These moves could hurt Joakim Lindstrom, who had been producing very well as a dark horse in a lot of pools.
- Ramblings: Craig Anderson, Nathan MacKinnon, Tyson Barrie - May 25
- Ramblings: Give Karlsson the Hart, but is he the No. 1 fantasy pick? (May 26)
- Top 100 Keeper League Goalies - May 2017
- Looking Back on 2016 Fearless Forecasts
- Ramblings: Scoring Trends; Power Plays; Joe Thornton; Claude Giroux - May 27
- Capped: Examining the Dallas Goaltending Situation
- The Journey: Fastest-Rising Prospect Forwards (May)
- Ramblings: Playoff Underperformers and What It Means for Next Season (May 28)