Phoenix has traded defenseman Derek Morris to the Rangers for defenseman Dimitri Kalinin and forwards Petr Prucha and Nigel Dawes.
The Rangers get: an upgrade on defense and it cost them the depth that they had too much of. Dawes and Prucha had been frequent healthy scratches.
The Coyotes get: more dark horse depth up front. Bringing in talent like Dawes and Prucha is like bringing in Joel Lundqvist. Boom or bust. Dawes is a hustler who will be successful - can you imagine him joining Lisin and Lombardi on the fastest third line in the NHL?
Fantasy Players Impacted: Both Prucha and Dawes are worth flyers. Clearly, the 'Yotes are going with speed. Whether these two succeed or not is in question, but I would put my money on Dawes reaching his 65-point potential over Prucha ever reaching his 70-point potential.
These moves could hurt Joakim Lindstrom, who had been producing very well as a dark horse in a lot of pools.
- Ramblings: My other draft; Gab's injury; Shaw's suspension? (Sept 28)
- Top 10 Player Values Impacted by the World Cup of Hockey
- Ramblings: Training Camps, Exhibition Lines, Sobotka, Trouba (September 29)
- Injury Ward - Preseason 2016 Edition
- Deep Dive - Shot Percentage 2016
- Alexander Wennberg vs. Sam Bennett
- Capped: Unheralded Signings from the Summer
- Keeping Karlsson: Fancy Fantasy 2016: Which Advanced Stats Can Help Me Win My Hockey Pool?