Phoenix has traded defenseman Derek Morris to the Rangers for defenseman Dimitri Kalinin and forwards Petr Prucha and Nigel Dawes.
The Rangers get: an upgrade on defense and it cost them the depth that they had too much of. Dawes and Prucha had been frequent healthy scratches.
The Coyotes get: more dark horse depth up front. Bringing in talent like Dawes and Prucha is like bringing in Joel Lundqvist. Boom or bust. Dawes is a hustler who will be successful - can you imagine him joining Lisin and Lombardi on the fastest third line in the NHL?
Fantasy Players Impacted: Both Prucha and Dawes are worth flyers. Clearly, the 'Yotes are going with speed. Whether these two succeed or not is in question, but I would put my money on Dawes reaching his 65-point potential over Prucha ever reaching his 70-point potential.
These moves could hurt Joakim Lindstrom, who had been producing very well as a dark horse in a lot of pools.
- Ramblings: Goaltending Duo in Florida, Gibson's Value, Coyotes/Panthers Trade (August 26)
- Dobber's Offseason Fantasy Grades: Montreal Canadiens
- Frozen Pool Forensics: Expected Regressions, Part One
- Ramblings: Brady Skjei, Plus/Minus talk and some players of interest (Aug. 27)
- Dobber's Offseason Fantasy Grades: Nashville Predators
- Latest NHL Moves: Rangers Sign Forward Brandon Pirri
- The Journey – Fastest Rising Prospects – All Positions (August 2016)
- Ramblings: Steen update, Yahoo fantasy hockey (Aug. 28)