Phoenix has traded defenseman Derek Morris to the Rangers for defenseman Dimitri Kalinin and forwards Petr Prucha and Nigel Dawes.
The Rangers get: an upgrade on defense and it cost them the depth that they had too much of. Dawes and Prucha had been frequent healthy scratches.
The Coyotes get: more dark horse depth up front. Bringing in talent like Dawes and Prucha is like bringing in Joel Lundqvist. Boom or bust. Dawes is a hustler who will be successful - can you imagine him joining Lisin and Lombardi on the fastest third line in the NHL?
Fantasy Players Impacted: Both Prucha and Dawes are worth flyers. Clearly, the 'Yotes are going with speed. Whether these two succeed or not is in question, but I would put my money on Dawes reaching his 65-point potential over Prucha ever reaching his 70-point potential.
These moves could hurt Joakim Lindstrom, who had been producing very well as a dark horse in a lot of pools.
- Cage Match Tourney: Breakout Players 2016 (Round 2)
- Ramblings: New Contracts for Hoffman, Mrazek, Jarnkrok; Thoughts on Nash/Toews
- Ramblings: Using Arbitrage, James Neal's Ceiling, Drafting Joe Thornton
- Dobber's Offseason Fantasy Grades: Boston Bruins
- Ramblings: Mikhail Grigorenko, Zack Kassian, Leon Draisaitl and three summer deals (July 30)
- Dobber's Offseason Fantasy Grades: Buffalo Sabres
- The Journey – Dobber’s Top 200 Forward Rankings – Post-Draft Additions
- Ramblings: Defense Is the New Offense, Wait on Goaltenders