Phoenix has traded defenseman Derek Morris to the Rangers for defenseman Dimitri Kalinin and forwards Petr Prucha and Nigel Dawes.
The Rangers get: an upgrade on defense and it cost them the depth that they had too much of. Dawes and Prucha had been frequent healthy scratches.
The Coyotes get: more dark horse depth up front. Bringing in talent like Dawes and Prucha is like bringing in Joel Lundqvist. Boom or bust. Dawes is a hustler who will be successful - can you imagine him joining Lisin and Lombardi on the fastest third line in the NHL?
Fantasy Players Impacted: Both Prucha and Dawes are worth flyers. Clearly, the 'Yotes are going with speed. Whether these two succeed or not is in question, but I would put my money on Dawes reaching his 65-point potential over Prucha ever reaching his 70-point potential.
These moves could hurt Joakim Lindstrom, who had been producing very well as a dark horse in a lot of pools.
- Ramblings: Monday recaps, players of interest in Round 2 and what to make of Phil Kessel's 2016-17 fantasy value (April 26)
- Ramblings: Boyle, Stammer, Schenn, Prospects (Apr 27)
- Ramblings: Playoff Recaps, Regression Candidates, Vezina Trophy (April 28)
- Eastern Edge: Looking back to look ahead - 2015-16 Recap
- Cage Match: Jaden Schwartz vs. Filip Forsberg
- Dobber Hockey Playoff Experts Panel 2016 - Round 2
- NHL Injuries - Updates on Seguin, Fleury, Stralman and more
- Ramblings: Caps/Pens, Selke Finalists, Early Look at Rankings (April 29)