The Oilers have come to terms with the best available free agent goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin to a four-year contract worth $3.75 million per season.
Fantasy Impact: First of all, that simplifies things in Chicago. Cristobal Huet will play 55 games for Chicago, missing his usual injury time. The better goalie in camp - Antti Niemi or Corey Crawford - will be the backup and get in 30 games. My money is on Crawford, but other's - such as Matt Bugg - say Niemi. We won't really know until the end of September.
In Edmonton, 'Bulin will log his usual ton of games, but also as usual he will struggle with injuries. Assuming Jeff Deslauriers is the backup, it should be a 55-30 split here. The Oilers obviously won't win as many games as Chicago did.
- Ramblings: Goalie talk; Radulov, Perron and more (Aug 24)
- Ramblings: Jhonas Enroth signs, Ranking thoughts and Cup odds (Aug. 23)
- Ramblings: Hudler Signs in Dallas, New Data with Fantasy Implications, Kuznetsov/Panarin (August 25)
- Dobber's Offseason Fantasy Grades: Montreal Canadiens
- Jiri Hudler Signs with the Dallas Stars
- Ramblings: Goaltending Duo in Florida, Gibson's Value, Coyotes/Panthers Trade (August 26)
- Cage Match: Colton Parayko vs. Seth Jones
- Frozen Pool Forensics: Expected Regressions, Part One