The Oilers have come to terms with the best available free agent goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin to a four-year contract worth $3.75 million per season.
Fantasy Impact: First of all, that simplifies things in Chicago. Cristobal Huet will play 55 games for Chicago, missing his usual injury time. The better goalie in camp - Antti Niemi or Corey Crawford - will be the backup and get in 30 games. My money is on Crawford, but other's - such as Matt Bugg - say Niemi. We won't really know until the end of September.
In Edmonton, 'Bulin will log his usual ton of games, but also as usual he will struggle with injuries. Assuming Jeff Deslauriers is the backup, it should be a 55-30 split here. The Oilers obviously won't win as many games as Chicago did.
- Ramblings: Live Draft Analysis, Neal, Injury Updates (Sept 24)
- 20 Fantasy Hockey Thoughts
- Ramblings: Hot Fantasy Takes for 2017-18 - September 25
- The Journey: Prospect Storylines to Watch in 2017-18 - Part Two
- Geek of the Week: Gabriel Landeskog
- Fantasy Top-10: Offseason/Preseason Injuries and Impact
- Keeping Karlsson No. 157: Courteous Luszczyszyn
- Wild West: Rebound Candidates in the Western Conference