The Oilers have come to terms with the best available free agent goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin to a four-year contract worth $3.75 million per season.
Fantasy Impact: First of all, that simplifies things in Chicago. Cristobal Huet will play 55 games for Chicago, missing his usual injury time. The better goalie in camp - Antti Niemi or Corey Crawford - will be the backup and get in 30 games. My money is on Crawford, but other's - such as Matt Bugg - say Niemi. We won't really know until the end of September.
In Edmonton, 'Bulin will log his usual ton of games, but also as usual he will struggle with injuries. Assuming Jeff Deslauriers is the backup, it should be a 55-30 split here. The Oilers obviously won't win as many games as Chicago did.
- Ramblings: Are the Red Wings the 'new Canucks'? (July 27)
- Cage Match Tourney: Breakout Players 2016 (Round 2)
- Ramblings: New Contracts for Hoffman, Mrazek, Jarnkrok; Thoughts on Nash/Toews
- Ramblings: Using Arbitrage, James Neal's Ceiling, Drafting Joe Thornton
- Dobber's Offseason Fantasy Grades: Boston Bruins
- Dobber's Offseason Fantasy Grades: Buffalo Sabres
- Ramblings: Mikhail Grigorenko, Zack Kassian, Leon Draisaitl and three summer deals (July 30)
- The Journey – Dobber’s Top 200 Forward Rankings – Post-Draft Additions