The Oilers have come to terms with the best available free agent goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin to a four-year contract worth $3.75 million per season.
Fantasy Impact: First of all, that simplifies things in Chicago. Cristobal Huet will play 55 games for Chicago, missing his usual injury time. The better goalie in camp - Antti Niemi or Corey Crawford - will be the backup and get in 30 games. My money is on Crawford, but other's - such as Matt Bugg - say Niemi. We won't really know until the end of September.
In Edmonton, 'Bulin will log his usual ton of games, but also as usual he will struggle with injuries. Assuming Jeff Deslauriers is the backup, it should be a 55-30 split here. The Oilers obviously won't win as many games as Chicago did.
- Ramblings: On Forsberg, Greiss, Shattenkirk, Vasilevskiy and more (Feb 24)
- Top 100 Keeper League Goalies - February 2017
- Ramblings: Rielly, Kadri vs. Getzlaf (Feb 25)
- Looking Ahead: Evander Kane Wielding a Hot Stick
- Frozen Pool Forensics: 2017 Trade Deadline Movers (Part Two)
- Eaves Flies To Anaheim
- Saturday Night Special: February 25
- Saturday's Picks: February 25