The Oilers have come to terms with the best available free agent goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin to a four-year contract worth $3.75 million per season.
Fantasy Impact: First of all, that simplifies things in Chicago. Cristobal Huet will play 55 games for Chicago, missing his usual injury time. The better goalie in camp - Antti Niemi or Corey Crawford - will be the backup and get in 30 games. My money is on Crawford, but other's - such as Matt Bugg - say Niemi. We won't really know until the end of September.
In Edmonton, 'Bulin will log his usual ton of games, but also as usual he will struggle with injuries. Assuming Jeff Deslauriers is the backup, it should be a 55-30 split here. The Oilers obviously won't win as many games as Chicago did.
- Top 50 Prospect Defensemen in Fantasy Hockey - February 2016
- Ramblings: Schwartz Returns, Hellebuyck Demoted, Price Out for the Season? (Feb. 13)
- Saturday NHL Picks: February 13, 2016
- Fastest Rising Prospects: February 2016
- Looking Ahead: Week 20 (2015-16)
- Frozen Pool Forensics: Vincent Trocheck
- The Wild Fire Head Coach Mike Yeo
- Cheap Players for Daily Fantasy Hockey: February 12, 2016