The Oilers have come to terms with the best available free agent goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin to a four-year contract worth $3.75 million per season.
Fantasy Impact: First of all, that simplifies things in Chicago. Cristobal Huet will play 55 games for Chicago, missing his usual injury time. The better goalie in camp - Antti Niemi or Corey Crawford - will be the backup and get in 30 games. My money is on Crawford, but other's - such as Matt Bugg - say Niemi. We won't really know until the end of September.
In Edmonton, 'Bulin will log his usual ton of games, but also as usual he will struggle with injuries. Assuming Jeff Deslauriers is the backup, it should be a 55-30 split here. The Oilers obviously won't win as many games as Chicago did.
- Ramblings: Canada/Russia, Fleury, Stone (Sept 25)
- Ramblings: Ottawa's tough luck; about my draft; and more (Sept 26)
- The Journey - Fastest Rising Prospects (September 2016)
- Top 10 Player Values Impacted by the World Cup of Hockey
- The Contrarian: In the Land of Care-a-Lot
- Deep Dive - Shot Percentage 2016
- Geek of the Week: Jonathan Toews
- Keeping Karlsson: Fancy Fantasy 2016: Which Advanced Stats Can Help Me Win My Hockey Pool?