The Oilers have come to terms with the best available free agent goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin to a four-year contract worth $3.75 million per season.
Fantasy Impact: First of all, that simplifies things in Chicago. Cristobal Huet will play 55 games for Chicago, missing his usual injury time. The better goalie in camp - Antti Niemi or Corey Crawford - will be the backup and get in 30 games. My money is on Crawford, but other's - such as Matt Bugg - say Niemi. We won't really know until the end of September.
In Edmonton, 'Bulin will log his usual ton of games, but also as usual he will struggle with injuries. Assuming Jeff Deslauriers is the backup, it should be a 55-30 split here. The Oilers obviously won't win as many games as Chicago did.
- Ramblings: Marner, Subban, Carrick, Memorial Cup and more...
- Ramblings: Finals, Analytics and Trades, Stamkoswatch
- Ramblings - Game 1 lives up, Juuse Saros, Stanley Cup narratives, and more (May 31)
- Top 10 Playoff-Driven Stock Increases
- The Journey - A closer look at Mitch Marner
- Dobber Hockey Playoff Experts Panel 2016 – Stanley Cup Final
- Eastern Edge – 2016 Offseason Outlook: Detroit and Philadelphia
- West: 2016 Offseason Outlook – Chicago and Anaheim