The Oilers have come to terms with the best available free agent goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin to a four-year contract worth $3.75 million per season.
Fantasy Impact: First of all, that simplifies things in Chicago. Cristobal Huet will play 55 games for Chicago, missing his usual injury time. The better goalie in camp - Antti Niemi or Corey Crawford - will be the backup and get in 30 games. My money is on Crawford, but other's - such as Matt Bugg - say Niemi. We won't really know until the end of September.
In Edmonton, 'Bulin will log his usual ton of games, but also as usual he will struggle with injuries. Assuming Jeff Deslauriers is the backup, it should be a 55-30 split here. The Oilers obviously won't win as many games as Chicago did.
- Ramblings: Penguins, Pouliot, Pulock (May 22)
- Top 10 Worst Peripheral Forwards
- Ramblings: Preds Punch Ticket and a grab bag of player outlooks (May 23)
- Ramblings: Sens Force Game 7
- 2017 Off-season Outlook: Los Angeles and Winnipeg
- Broad Street Bullies hoping to Fly
- Looking Back on 2016 Fearless Forecasts
- Fantasy Hockey Podcast: Sens a Snore?