The Oilers have come to terms with the best available free agent goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin to a four-year contract worth $3.75 million per season.
Fantasy Impact: First of all, that simplifies things in Chicago. Cristobal Huet will play 55 games for Chicago, missing his usual injury time. The better goalie in camp - Antti Niemi or Corey Crawford - will be the backup and get in 30 games. My money is on Crawford, but other's - such as Matt Bugg - say Niemi. We won't really know until the end of September.
In Edmonton, 'Bulin will log his usual ton of games, but also as usual he will struggle with injuries. Assuming Jeff Deslauriers is the backup, it should be a 55-30 split here. The Oilers obviously won't win as many games as Chicago did.
- Ramblings: Leaf Luck, Matt Murray, Brooks Orpik and more (May 02)
- Ramblings - FA Power Rankings, more Jets and Nikita Zaitsev, Antti Raanta and more (May 2)
- Top 10 Band-Aid Boys you can't resist
- Ramblings: Pylons in Dallas, Injuries in Boston (May 4)
- West: 2016 Off-season Outlook: Edmonton and Vancouver
- Eastern Edge - 2016 Offseason Outlook: Toronto and Columbus
- Bob Hartley flames out in Calgary
- Cage Match: Alec Martinez vs. Erik Johnson