The Edmonton Oilers have signed Mike Comrie to a low-risk one-year contract worth just $1.125 million.
Fantasy Impact: Interesting move, given the way Comrie left the team. But let's face facts - he had huge promise in Edmonton and was making strides towards showing it. Then he left the Oilers, floundered with four different teams, and is now worth just over a million bucks. Going back to where he had success is a solid move and it just might pan out. Sam Gagner may have something to say about it though, as the youngster is ready to assume second-line duties. Comrie could end up on the third line in Edmonton with an upside of 45 points. What could change that is an injury to either Gagner or Shawn Horcoff, in which case Comrie could really surprise by getting back to his productive ways. That's a pretty big if though. For now, pencil him in for 45 points or so and leave your Gagner and Horcoff predictions unchanged.
The move adds skilled, experienced depth, so those depth wingers may see a small perk in their points (maybe five extra points). Wingers such as Robert Nilsson and Dustin Penner.
Prospect Jordan Eberle will certainly not make the team now, if that was in doubt before.
- Ramblings: Carter Off, Devil Is In the Details (Oct 20)
- Ramblings: Fowler and Schneider Injured; Ducks Crush Habs; Ovi Scores (Again) - October 21
- Capped: Evander Kane Belongs On Championship Rosters
- Looking Ahead: Wild October
- Top 100 Keeper League Goaltenders - October 2017
- Top 50 Fantasy Prospect Goaltenders - Fall 2017
- Saturday's NHL Picks - October 22
- Saturday Night Special; Daily Fantasy Picks - October 21