I am heading out for the afternoon, so if something actually happens regarding Kaberle, I'll be all over it this evening.
The 2010-11 Pool Guide has been updated as of August 10th, and if Kaberle is traded today, we'll get back to work on it! Buy the Guide here.
Billy Sweatt becomes a free agent tonight at midnight. He doesn't have much offensive upside, but he could become an elite third line player.
I'll be adding my thoughts to the ramblings throughout the day today, as there will probably be a bit of activity. At the very worst the rumor mills will be churning at top speed.
I missed this a few days ago – Pat Kane with the Stanley Cup at Niagara Falls.
With all the hype surrounding Jamie McBain, as well as the attention given to Bobby Sanguenetti, there is a young offensive defenseman in Carolina flying well below the radar – Brian Dumoulin.
Dumoulin completed his first season at Boston College, recording 22 points in 42 games. He possesses great size (6’4” and about 200 pounds), and was an impressive plus-40 last season as well.
He skates really well, sees the ice well, and will probably play a big role with the American team at the 2011 World Junior Championships.
Boston College’s only defenseman to outscore Dumoulin in 2009-10 was Carl Sneep, who has now graduated and moved on to join the Penguins farm club.
On the Forecheck breaks down Nashville’s backup goaltending battle between Dekanich, Pickard, and Lindback. I would be surprised if the Predators don’t sign a veteran before camp.
Today is the day we find out whether Tomas Kaberle stays a Leaf for 2010-11 or not.
Interesting article breaking down how Kevin Bieksa’s availability may be hurting Brian Burke’s ability to maximize a return for Kaberle.
“Kevin Bieksa of the Canucks is also getting more attention of late and given Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis is one of Burke's most fierce rivals, it only heightens the stakes for both men.”
- Cage Match Tourney: Breakout Players 2016 (Round 2)
- Ramblings: New Contracts for Hoffman, Mrazek, Jarnkrok; Thoughts on Nash/Toews
- Ramblings: Using Arbitrage, James Neal's Ceiling, Drafting Joe Thornton
- Dobber's Offseason Fantasy Grades: Boston Bruins
- Ramblings: Mikhail Grigorenko, Zack Kassian, Leon Draisaitl and three summer deals (July 30)
- Dobber's Offseason Fantasy Grades: Buffalo Sabres
- The Journey – Dobber’s Top 200 Forward Rankings – Post-Draft Additions
- Ramblings: Defense Is the New Offense, Wait on Goaltenders