I just confirmed with the Anaheim organization that Joakim Lindstrom's contract is a two-way deal. Barring a phenomenal camp, I doubt he'll stick for the full season, as a result of this news.
The Toronto Star is speculating that Mats Sundin may not make a decision until midway through the season a la Scott Niedermayer. He has not been skating in the offseason to keep in shape, so his hockey future is quite cloudy.
The Jackets have invited Shane Willis to training camp.
The Bruins have signed prospect defensemen Ryan Stokes and Mike Egener as UFAs. Neither will make the NHL roster this year.
The Sharks have invited Jeff Friesen to training camp on a tryout basis. This is an interesting one and is worth keeping in your peripherals as a possible depth winger on your roster. Wait for the waiver wire though. He had five points in five games for Lake Erie last season.
Adam Proteau is reporting at THN.com that Andrej Meszaros is close to signing an offer sheet in excess of $5 million per season. There is speculation that Tampa Bay is that team, but it is unconfirmed. If this is the case, the Sens would be wise to walk away and take the picks.
Stu Barnes has announced his retirement. He will join the Dallas coaching staff.
Chicago has signed Tim Brent to a one-year contract, probably a two-way agreement.
The Kings have signed 18-year-old rearguard Colten Teubert to a three-year entry-level deal.
- Ramblings: Canada/Russia, Fleury, Stone (Sept 25)
- Ramblings: Ottawa's tough luck; about my draft; and more (Sept 26)
- The Journey - Fastest Rising Prospects (September 2016)
- Top 10 Player Values Impacted by the World Cup of Hockey
- The Contrarian: In the Land of Care-a-Lot
- Geek of the Week: Jonathan Toews
- Deep Dive - Shot Percentage 2016
- Keeping Karlsson: Fancy Fantasy 2016: Which Advanced Stats Can Help Me Win My Hockey Pool?