I just confirmed with the Anaheim organization that Joakim Lindstrom's contract is a two-way deal. Barring a phenomenal camp, I doubt he'll stick for the full season, as a result of this news.
The Toronto Star is speculating that Mats Sundin may not make a decision until midway through the season a la Scott Niedermayer. He has not been skating in the offseason to keep in shape, so his hockey future is quite cloudy.
The Jackets have invited Shane Willis to training camp.
The Bruins have signed prospect defensemen Ryan Stokes and Mike Egener as UFAs. Neither will make the NHL roster this year.
The Sharks have invited Jeff Friesen to training camp on a tryout basis. This is an interesting one and is worth keeping in your peripherals as a possible depth winger on your roster. Wait for the waiver wire though. He had five points in five games for Lake Erie last season.
Adam Proteau is reporting at THN.com that Andrej Meszaros is close to signing an offer sheet in excess of $5 million per season. There is speculation that Tampa Bay is that team, but it is unconfirmed. If this is the case, the Sens would be wise to walk away and take the picks.
Stu Barnes has announced his retirement. He will join the Dallas coaching staff.
Chicago has signed Tim Brent to a one-year contract, probably a two-way agreement.
The Kings have signed 18-year-old rearguard Colten Teubert to a three-year entry-level deal.
- Top 10 Players Sure to Disappoint
- Ramblings: Are the Red Wings the 'new Canucks'? (July 27)
- Ramblings: Ryan Johansen, Brayden Schenn, Dan Hamhuis and more (July 26)
- Cage Match Tourney: Breakout Players 2016 (Round 2)
- Ramblings: New Contracts for Hoffman, Mrazek, Jarnkrok; Thoughts on Nash/Toews
- Best in the West (2016)
- Eastern Edge - Ranking the Top Goalies in the Eastern Conference
- Dobber's Offseason Fantasy Grades: Boston Bruins