The Wings have signed Jason Williams to a one-year deal. This effectively pushes Jeremy Williams off the team. Jeremy had the No. 13 spot up front almost by default. I don't see a whole lot out of Jason on the third line in Detroit, and he'll have to battle Patrick Eaves for the spot. At least Eaves can play a bit of a checking role.
There is a tiny issue with registeration that I have slapped a band-aid on so it will allow registration to the main website, however, it is not automatically logging into the forum. So any new users will have to login a second time through the forum login fields to get in there. For now, until we fix this.
Antti Pihlstrom did not get the one-way contract he was looking for so he signed to play in the SEL next season. I didn't see anything in him that screamed "NHLer" anyway. This opens things up just a little bit for the likes of Nick Spaling and Patric Hornqvist.
Jeff Hamilton has signed to play in the Swiss League next year.
Jannik Hansen has agreed to a contract with the Canucks. It's a two-way contract and I don't think we'll see him play a full season in the NHL this year.
Nolan Schaefer has signed to play in the KHL next season.
Jeremy Roenick is expected to announce his retirement today. Another great fantasy hockey legend, but also a great sound byte.
The Read More link to the ramblings is apparently wonky for some people. It works fine for most - including myself, and I use a PC and Firefox. Is it a Mac thing? Curious.
- Ramblings: Flyers, Senators Offensive Explosions (Oct 15)
- Ramblings: Sunday Night Hockey Was Definitely A Thing That Happened - October 16
- Fantasy Top-10: Emerging Power-Play Trends
- The Journey: Top Forward Prospects - October
- Wild West: Early Notable Line Production
- Geek of the Week: Goals Aren't Everything
- Keeping Karlsson no. 160 - Andrighetto Superstar
- Ramblings: Lineup and Injury Updates, Kucherov Keeps Rolling - October 17