The Pens have recalled Alex Goligoski from the AHL. Gee - what does that mean?
So how many of you are calling the person who ran your playoff pool draft and saying "Hey, I just noticed a mistake. When I called out 'Jokinen' at the draft, you must have thought I meant 'Olli'. No no, I definitely was talking about 'Jussi'. Can you please fix?"
Jussi has 10 points in 11 games now after adding three last night. A quick click to DobberHockey's new Fantasy Tools section, selecting "Line Combos", choosing "Jokinen, Jussi" for 2009 Playoffs - and you can clearly see that he has been lining up almost exclusively with Samsonov and Ruutu. He's also seeing next to no PP time. Imagine if he was?
Andrew Ference is day to day with a UBI
Gonchar, as most of you know by now, was the victim of a knee-on-knee hit from Ovechkin last night. The footage is below. He left the game and did not return and will definitely not be in the lineup for Game 5. Beyond that, the Pens won't say (of course). The "unofficial" word is that he is out weeks - not days.
From Capitals Insider : "It tried to hit him and he tried to move to his left, and I don't have time to realize what is going on and I hit [him with] my knee," Ovechkin said. "It was accident. I'm not the kind of guy who wants to injure a player like this, especially [because] I know Gonch. I tried to hit him with my shoulder and he moved left but his legs were in the same spot."
After 21 shots in the first two contests, Ovie managed just seven in the last two.
Here is Ovechkin's knee-on-knee hit on Gonchar:
- Ramblings: Lightning and Senators Strike, Another Vegas Goalie Down (Oct 22)
- Ramblings: Vancouver Rolls; Malcolm Subban Injured; Early-Season Stats - October 23
- Geek of the Week: Brent Burns
- Saturday's NHL Picks - October 22
- Fantasy Hockey Top-10: Early-Season Struggles
- Wild West: Tortoises and Hares
- Saturday Night Special; Daily Fantasy Picks - October 21
- Keeping Karlsson no. 161 - Safety Dansk