A great article on some Russian prospects, for your perusal: LINK
The Denver Post is reporting that Peter Forsberg underwent ankle surgery a few days ago. It was a casual, opinion column so I'm not sure I would put any stock in it, but if true he may miss training camp (for whatever team he may sign with). BUT, as I've been guessing all summer, I think he'll retire or just play in Sweden.
The Islanders have stopped negotiating with Trent Hunter and are content to let arbitration decide on the contract.
Reports out of Minnesota indicate that coach Jacques Lemaire is planning to give Josh Harding about 25 starts this year.
Donald MacLean has grown tired of dominating the AHL but never getting a top-line shot in the NHL, and he has signed to play in the Swiss League where he is a sure bet to lead them in scoring.
Jared Aulin, after suffering a concussion in a beer league this summer, is frustrated with hockey and feels that he has played his last game.
Eric Godard has signed with the Flames. Do not expect more than 25 NHL games from him this year.
- Ramblings: Ottawa's tough luck; about my draft; and more (Sept 26)
- Ramblings: Canada/Russia, Fleury, Stone (Sept 25)
- The Journey - Fastest Rising Prospects (September 2016)
- Top 10 Player Values Impacted by the World Cup of Hockey
- Deep Dive - Shot Percentage 2016
- The Contrarian: In the Land of Care-a-Lot
- Geek of the Week: Jonathan Toews
- Keeping Karlsson: Fancy Fantasy 2016: Which Advanced Stats Can Help Me Win My Hockey Pool?