The Dispatch is reporting that Jiri Novotny will not be tendered a qualifying offer, making him a UFA come July 1.
The Lightning are reportedly interested in bringing Adam Oates aboard to coach their power play. Oates - what a fantastic fantasy asset he was for me for many, many years. Ah, the memories...
The Avs have re-signed Cody McLeod to a three-year deal worth $3.1 million. The physical checker will be good for even more than his 162 penalty minutes next season, with the departure of Laperriere. Look for 180.
The Thrashers have signed Rylan Kaip to a contract. He was picked 269th overall in 2003. His upside is that of a fourth-liner.
The Tennessean is reporting that the Preds will unlikely sign any of their UFA's, including Steve Sullivan.
GM David Poile on Alexander Radulov: "You have some hope he's going to come back this year,'' Poile said. "But it seems a little — I don't want to say comical — when he's able to get out of our contract, but it seems a lot harder to walk away from a Russian contract. So maybe we should have a look at how their laws work.''
I'll drop my odds on Radulov returning for THIS season to 80-20 against. And my odds of him returning at all, ever is down to 60-40 FOR a return. We'll know a whole lot more come July 1, which is his deadline.
Upcoming on DobberHockey:
- Matt Bugg will host another Q&A hour in the forum on Monday afternoon at 3pm ET.
- He will also host a TWO-HOUR session Thursday afternoon, which will be gold for keeper leaguers looking to get fully prepared and educated for Friday's Draft
- Stuart McDonald will LIVE BLOG his thoughts on the First Round - the impact of the player on his new team, how far away from cracking the roster he'll be, what his potential is, etc.
Get even more prepared with DOBBER'S FANTASY PROSPECTS REPORT
- Ramblings: Why You Should Draft Defensemen Early (September 24)
- Ramblings: World Cup of Hockey Thoughts, Orlov Contract, Lupul Injury (September 23)
- Ramblings: Canada/Russia, Fleury, Stone (Sept 25)
- Frozen Pool Forensics: Job Thieves on the Blue Line
- The Journey - Fastest Rising Prospects (September 2016)
- Capped: Unconventional Contract Structures
- Geek of the Week: Jonathan Toews
- The Contrarian: In the Land of Care-a-Lot