Article will be later tonight. Things came up today...
Jakub Voracek scored two goals and added an assist in yesterday's 8-3 win over the Wild in a rookie game.
The Red Wings are going to likely start camp with Datsyuk centering the top line with Holmstrom and Franzen as his wingers, while Zetterberg will center Samuelsson and Hudler. Filpulla, Cleary and Draper will be the third line and Kopecky, Maltby and Drake will be the fourth. Igor Grigorenko is the spare for now, but it says right here that he play his way onto the second or third line, with Kopecky or Drake possibly becoming the odd man out.
Sergei Zinovjev was hit with a puck in the leg and broke a bone above the knee. He will be on the shelf for a month, thereby hurting Boston's chances of trading him this season. He will be a UFA next season and will likely remain in the RSL now.
It is possible that PJ Axelsson will be used on a checking line again this season, given the success of the Moen, Pahlsson and Niedermayer line in the Cup finals for the Ducks as well as coach Claude Julien's success with John Madden, Jay Pandolfo and Sergei Brylin in New Jersey.
The Boston Globe is reporting that Carl Soderberg "probably won't come to camp". I'm not sure why this is, as it is the first I have heard of it. Perhaps some lingering eye problems, from his injury in the spring.
"Looking Ahead", a new feature on DobberHockey, is now up and running. You can find it via the menu on the left-hand side. Have a look - comments are welcome in the forum.
- Ramblings: Werenski is a Dreamboat, Kucherov vs. Hall, Pulock Hurt (Oct 22)
- Ramblings: Howard, Panik, Fowler (Oct 23)
- Top 100 Keeper League Goalies - October 2016
- The Journey: Early Season Prospect Trends
- Saturday's NHL Picks: October 22, 2016
- Cheap Players for Daily Fantasy Hockey (Oct 22, 2016)
- Geek of the Week: Milan Lucic
- The Contrarian: The Four Slots and So Long General