Jim Balsillie stated in a newsletter today that he would be open to keeping the Coyotes in Phoenix if a quick move would in any way jeopardize NHL scheduling. That addresses one of the NHL's protests that they submitted to the judge.
In the first game of the Memorial Cup, Dallas prospect Jamie Benn and Buffalo prospect Tyler Myers each had a goal and two assists. Benn is ranked 14th on my prospects list and is profiled extensively in my Fantasy Prospects Report . Ditto for Myers, who is ranked 278.
Petr Cajanek will remain in the KHL for another year, joining SKA St. Petersburg yesterday.
Ditto for Alexander Korolyuk - also joined SKA St. Petersburg.
It turns out it was a thumb injury that hampered Alex Semin.
Sergei Fedorov told the Washington Post that he has no plans to retire and that he wants to remain with Washington.
Alexander Ovechkin did indeed have a groin pull, which happened in Game 4 of the First Round. He also had a wrist injury. Both injuries required injections. Just imagine what could have been.
Rod Brind'Amour was hit above the eye by a puck in OT of Game 7. The team feels that he will be ready for Game 1.
John Tavares was reportedly on Long Island Thursday.
- Ramblings: Steen update, Yahoo fantasy hockey (Aug. 28)
- Frozen Pool Forensics: Expected Regressions, Part One
- Ramblings: Brady Skjei, Plus/Minus talk and some players of interest (Aug. 27)
- The Journey – Fastest Rising Prospects – All Positions (August 2016)
- Dobber's Offseason Fantasy Grades: Nashville Predators
- Latest NHL Moves: Rangers Sign Forward Brandon Pirri
- The Contrarian - Optics of it All
- Ramblings: Fleury vs. Murray; tidbits from around the league (Aug 29)